Cotswold Village

Cotswold Village
Started May 27, 2011

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Medicare

I finally got my Medicare card today.... not effective until July 1, but it's getting closer.  I have no idea if the doctor's will still charge me - I know when I was working and had insurance, all I had to pay was $20.00.  The only time I have been to the doctor since not having any insurance and just to get blood work cost me over $200.00.  I will have to go back to the neurologist but not looking forward to it as they just want to prescribe the shots, which I won't do anymore and the new oral medicine makes me a little scared (anyone on the new oral medication, please let me know how you are doing on it, the name of it, and how you feel in general).  Not working has decreased my exacerbations but the tiredness is always there although I don't worry anymore because I can sleep whenever I get tired.  Would sure love some energy though... haven't done laundry in quite some time it's just so tiring and the floor really needs washing, and before you ask, NO my husband is not capable of washing the floor LOL... he does a pretty good job on the laundry though.  I used to have a cleaner come in once a week, but I found myself cleaning before she got here, so that was redundant, and then of course, the money became tighter and tighter... so no more cleaner. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to all friends and family in Japan.. my disability seems like a non-issue compared to what they have to go through.  I don't know how I would handle this type of disaster(s) that they have had.  I can only imagine if you have no energy, or have walking issues due to MS (or any other similar disease) or even vertigo, how on earth would you be able to get up and RUN... 

Please keep them in your thoughts and hearts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandie,
    I am in Canada, so our health care is "free". I can't imagine what we would do if I had to pay for all the doctors and MRI's etc. Does Medicare cover everything?

    I don't take any drugs for my MS...just a matter of personal choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know about the cost! We had to let our help go also:)
    kim

    ReplyDelete